This is a unique Global Food Security (Food Safety) programme at Queen's University Belfast and awards are available at Certificate, Diploma or Master’s Level.
The programme offers a flexible study pathway to those working in the agri-food industry who wish to develop their skills and knowledge to a postgraduate level.
The course includes the following modules:
- Food Safety and Health
- Food Integrity, Fraud and Traceability
- Advanced Analytical Tools for Food Safety
- Global Food Standards and Legislation
Modern online technology and dynamic advanced audio and video tools will be employed to achieve a stimulating interactive teaching and learning experience across all topics. This programme offers learners the opportunity to study this exciting and rapidly changing area, taught by world experts within the field, at their own pace (2 modules / 60 CATS per year) and within their chosen environment.
The distance-learning format is particularly suitable if you are in full or part-time employment as you can organise your studies around your work and family commitments.
Furthermore, the flexible format permits study breaks between academic years if required. In addition, employers support our distance learning format as staff do not require regular leave to attend on-campus.
Students download their study materials, participate in course discussions, test their learning, watch video presentations and participate in webinars delivered by food security experts via the University’s Online distance learning delivery platform.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students can study the Masters part-time over a period of 3 years, the Postgraduate Diploma part-time over a period of 2 years and the Postgraduate Certificate part-time over a period of 1 year.
- Students have the option to enroll initially for a 1 year Postgraduate Certificate and upon successful completion advance to the Postgraduate Diploma and /or Masters programme.
- Students can start the course in either September or February of each academic year.
- Each module is available online for a specified 20 week period each academic year.
- Online material will be released over a 15 week content delivery period with a further 5 weeks for completion and submission of the final assessment element.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFood Sciences View 13 other Masters in Food Sciences in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree or above in a relevant area of science or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University.
- Applicants with qualifications below 2.2 Honours degree standard (or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University) will be considered on a case by case basis, if they can demonstrate appropriate experience, acceptable to the School.
International3570 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3570 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3570 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3570 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.