Public Health - Nursing from Lakehead University is designed to take into consideration the learner's needs including the unique opportunity to individualize his/her clinical courses to a variety of foci: clinical practice, administration, education, and community health.
The Master of Public Health with Specialization in Nursing program, with the exception of specific course requirements for the Master of Public Health with Specialization in Nursing with Nurse Practitioner Electives, may be completed through Distance Education on a Flexible full-time basis; those wishing to complete the Master of Public Health program on a full-time basis must apply to the on-campus program. Note that, once admitted to the Master of Public Health program, students are not permitted to change from the Standard Full-time Option to the Flexible Full-time Option, and vice versa.
The program is primarily intended to prepare graduates for a career in public health practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Public and Population Health
- Canadian Food Systems: Critical Perspectives in Health and Sustainability
- Perspectives in Ecological Health
- Social and Ecological Determinants of Health
- Global Public Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 37 other Masters in Nursing in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our minimum admission requirement for international applicants is 75% or 3.0 on a 4 point Canadian scale, with an accredited university degree equivalent to a Lakehead University 4 year degree.
- We advise all international students to apply early, as admission into our programs is competitive. Should you wish to apply to a thesis program, we strongly advise you to contact a potential supervisor and have your proof of English language proficiency complete.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5552 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2776 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Thunder Bay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.