Public Health - Nursing from Lakehead University is designed to take into consideration the learner's needs including the unique opportunity to individualize his/her clinical courses to a variety of foci: clinical practice, administration, education, and community health.
The Master of Public Health with Specialization in Nursing program, with the exception of specific course requirements for the Master of Public Health with Specialization in Nursing with Nurse Practitioner Electives, may be completed through Distance Education on a Flexible full-time basis; those wishing to complete the Master of Public Health program on a full-time basis must apply to the on-campus program. Note that, once admitted to the Master of Public Health program, students are not permitted to change from the Standard Full-time Option to the Flexible Full-time Option, and vice versa.
The program is primarily intended to prepare graduates for a career in public health practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ambulatory Case Nursing
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- Medicam Case Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 246 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
- Four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree or its equivalent from a university of recognized standing with a minimum "B" average
- Evidence of a commitment to nursing as contained in the student's Curriculum Vitae and Statement of Goals and Intentions
- Proof of unrestricted, current registration or eligibility to register with the College of Nurses of Ontario or another jurisdiction in Canada for which the practicum will take place.
- Graduate Studies Reference Form (3 forms required)
- Official Transcript
- Proof of Degree
- Official English Test Results (If required)
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5552 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2776 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Thunder Bay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.