The Public Health: Nursing Specialization program at Lakehead University is primarily intended to prepare graduates for a career in public health practice.
The program's objectives are to prepare a graduate who:
- possesses advanced health-related education
- is capable of critical analysis
- understands health-related decision-making at the level of the individual, population, and government
- understands research
- possesses knowledge exchange and dissemination strategies for individuals, populations, and government
The degree is designed to take into consideration the learner's needs including the unique opportunity to individualize his/her clinical courses to a variety of foci: clinical practice, administration, education, and community health.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Ambulatory Case Nursing
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- Medicam Case Management
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 33 other Masters in Nursing in Canada
- Applicants for admission must be graduates of a recognized university, college, or institute as well as show evidence of scholarly achievement.
- An applicant holding a degree other than one in the discipline area to which admission is sought will be considered on the basis of courses taken and academic standing. A Qualifying Year at the undergraduate level may be required to meet the admission standards.
- Meeting the minimum requirements does not necessarily guarantee admission. No candidate will be admitted unless the academic unit recommends admission. All applicants will be advised by the Office of Graduate Studies in writing of their admission status.
International14932 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7466 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National5552 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2776 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Part time tuition national $2,986 CAD
- Part time tuition internationa $1,077 CAD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.