Civil Engineering from Lakehead University demand is fueled by the requirements to maintain an aging infrastructure and to maintain and develop natural resources with minimal environmental impact to natural systems. Sustainability and structural durability and the impact of climate change on civil engineering works have become increasingly important challenges in the field of civil engineering.
Students at Civil Engineering from Lakehead University will:
- have the opportunity to conduct advanced study in emerging areas such as: intelligent construction equipment management and computer-integrated construction engineering; electrokinetic ground improvement and remediation; rockburst dynamics and dynamic stability of structures; structural fire engineering; structural health monitoring and structural dynamics; and studies on multiphase jets and plumes and dynamics of complex fluids.
- The program requirements are achieved through a combination of course work and research towards the completion of a thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Heat and Mass Transfer
- Advanced Fluid Dynamics
- Advanced Reaction Engineering
- Advanced Topics in Chemical Engineering
- Reading Course
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 35 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our minimum admission requirement for international applicants is 75% or 3.0 on a 4 point Canadian scale, with an accredited university degree equivalent to a Lakehead University 4 year degree.
- We advise all international students to apply early, as admission into our programs is competitive. Should you wish to apply to a thesis program, we strongly advise you to contact a potential supervisor and have your proof of English language proficiency complete.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5388 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2694 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Thunder Bay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.