You will study sports performance and physical activity from multiple perspectives, using theories about cognition, psychology and physiology. This could be sports on a recreational or an athlete level.
As a student of this Sport Sciences programme at University of Groningen, you will acquire an advanced understanding of issues in the field of sport sciences, both applied and fundamental.
You will practice in measuring and analyzing sports performance and gain familiarity with research methods and advanced statistics. Also, you will learn to develop optimal programmes to teach and train sport-related abilities and skills.
- After graduation, you can continue your academic career in a PhD trajectory. Another option is working as a scientist for a professional sport team or as a scientific advisor at sport associations such as the Olympic federation.
- In addition, you can develop training and exercise programmes for ergonomic, orthopaedic or educational institutions or develop sport, health and welfare policies for government agencies. With a teacher's certificate you can work as a lecturer in education.
- Alongside the specialization, the first year includes two compulsory course units (Advanced Statistics and Philosophy of Science and Ethics) and a profiling part. In this part you can select course units that are offered by the department of Human Movement Sciences.
- Alternatively, you can select external course units or carry out an academic assignment, which could involve gaining teaching or applied research experience, doing consultancy work or writing a scientific article for publication.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 57 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree (or proof of enrollment)
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Academic transcripts (if you have not graduated yet, please also provide us with all list of courses that are not yet on your transcript)
- Written report (e.g. report on a practicum/experiment/field-work/literature review/bachelor’s thesis, etc.)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Passport or ID card
- Application form
International18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leeuwarden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.