Why to study
The International Studies at University of Northern British Columbia , draws on courses from 11 different graduate programs and is managed jointly by the Department of Economics and the Department of Global and International Studies.
Broadly understood as processes that affect people(s), regions and/or countries in the Global South and northern areas including the Arctic, global development is examined from multiple perspectives. These perspectives include those of international agencies and civil society organizations. Both mainstream and critical approaches to development studies are examined. The challenges facing the global environment and potential solutions are analysed. Interactions between global development and the environment and between local and global scales are examined.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Economy and Development
- Poverty, Inequality and Development
- International Regimes
- Comparative Northern Development
- Environmental Anthropology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy View 40 other Masters in International Relations in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An application for admission to Graduate Programs.
- Respective application fee(s).
- Three assessment reports (letters of reference) submitted directly to UNBC from the referees.
- Official transcripts (one copy) from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Statement of Academic Interests (letter of intent).
- Official English Language Test Scores (required for applicants whose first language is NOT English) sent directly to UNBC from the testing agencies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4996 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2498 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3568 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1784 CAD per semester during 24 months.
PT: Nat: $924 /semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.