Master’s specialities in Ceramic Art, Jewellery Art and Textile Art work in close cooperation with the bachelor’s and postgraduate (PhD) in Crafts and are part of the Faculty of Fine, Applied and Performing Arts at the University of Gothenburg.
The main focus of your education will be your chosen specialisation of artistic practice. As a student, you will have the opportunity to broaden your frame of references, develop exploratory artistic working methods and deepen your technical and theoretical knowledge. Projects will be developed in HDK’s well-equipped workshops with the support of qualified technicians.
HDK’s study groups are small and you will work in close cooperation with fellow students and staff. Tutoring, courses, lectures and seminars support your education and emphasise reflection and contextualisation of your practice. HDK students have individually allocated workplaces and access to the school twenty-four hours a day.
Students on the Crafts, Jewellery Art and Design program at University of Gothenburg deepen their artistic knowledge in the field of craft within their chosen specialisation of Ceramic Art, Jewellery Art or Textile Art.
Professors, lecturers and technicians with specialist skills supervise your practice. Invited guest lecturers provide further external perspectives and emphasise both the local and global art world and society.
The programme is delivered in English. Teaching in Swedish will occur if Swedish speaking teachers and students only are present.
Field of work / postgraduate studies
Successful completion of the programme anticipates that you will be ready for a professional career as a ceramic, jewellery or textile artist. The programme also introduces preparatory knowledge for postgraduate (PhD) studies in the field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- During your education, you will develop your ability to initiate and resolve artistic projects creating vital confidence with your own working methods. This demands independence and the capacity for initiative.
- Individual studio work is supported by joint and individual tutoring, oral and written presentations, theoretical discussions and seminars, which give you the tools to analyse and refine your work.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to be accepted for the Master’s Programme in Global Health, students must meet the basic entrance requirements, hold a Bachelor’s degree worth 180 credits in a social sciences/health sciences/economics/arts
- Admissions are made every autum. First priority is given to applicants sending a personal motivation letter (200 - 250 words in English) together with correct verification of degree and English requirements. The letters will be ranked by the Institute of Medicine due to quality and content.
International25914 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 51828 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Application fee: 900 SEK
- Full programme cost: 544 000 SEK
- First payment: 136 000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.