Why to study
Economic development cannot be studied in isolation from other dimensions of development. An understanding of poverty, for example, requires not only economic analysis but also an understanding of the insights provided by other social and health sciences. The training of a development economist must therefore expose students to interdisciplinary approaches to development.
The Master of Arts degree in Development Economics at the University of Northern British Columbia , is available on a full-time or part-time basis. Students must complete all required work to meet the degree requirements in one of the following options: coursework only, project-based, and thesis option. Normally, students are initially admitted into the coursework only option.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Economy and Development
- Poverty, Inequality and Development
- Microeconomic Theory and Applications
- Macroeconomic Policy for Development
- Applied Econometrics
- Graduate Colloquia
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics View 77 other Masters in Economics in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form for admission to Graduate Programs.
- Application fee.
- Three assessment reports (letters of reference) sent directly to UNBC from the referees.
- Official transcripts (one copy) from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Statement of Academic Interests (letter of intent).
- Official English Language Test Scores (required for applicants whose first language is NOT English) sent directly to UNBC from the testing agencies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3498 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1749 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3498 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1749 CAD per semester during 24 months.
PT: Nat/Intl: $924 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.