In the Mechanical Engineering MSc degree offered by The University of Vermont, we continuously update our curriculum to address modern topics in mechanical engineering, and to offer a breadth of courses that makes studying in our program more flexible, whether you intend to earn an M.S. as a continuing student from local industries, or directly obtain a doctorate right from your bachelor. Most of our graduate students are full-time and actively engaged in research projects with one or two faculty mentors who will be dedicated to your success.
Faculty and Research
The success of our graduate program is build on a distinguished faculty whose research is recognized nationally and internationally through innovation, dissemination of knowledge in high-impact journals, and research awards. Recently, our faculty has won major awards from Department of Defense, Department of Energy, NASA, and the National Science Foundation. Clearly, our focus is to create a research environment that is highly interdisciplinary and collaborative from which our students can thrive. I strongly encourage you to review the Faculty Research for more information about specific research interests in the program.
- Biomaterials Engineering
- Machinery Analysis & Synthesis
- Biomechanics: Tissue Engr
- Systems & Synthetic Biology
- Control Systems
- Numerical Methods for Engineer
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Turbomach Vibration Anyl/Tstng
- Energy Systems Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 372 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students entering the program have generally received a B.S. degree in mechanical engineering or a closely related field in engineering. Applicants with other backgrounds will be evaluated individually and may be required to first complete undergraduate technical course work in the first semester.
- Electronic Application
- Statement of Purpose
- Application Fee of $65.00
- Email addresses for three people who will provide letters of recommendation. This information is submitted within the application and letters are sent from the recommender directly to us through the application portal.
- One transcript from each institution you have attended, including the one you currently attend. Unofficial transcripts uploaded by you are sufficient for the review process for most programs. Official transcripts are only required if you are admitted.
- Residential Status Questionnaire
- Test scores for English proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English.
International51600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1720 USD per credit during 12 months.
National51600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1720 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State20490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 683 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Burlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.