The Economics-Masters students at Charles University intensively study the Czech language first, professional subjects which are required for university entrance exams are added into their program later within the first month. In addition to their regular program, the students are able to attend lectures at selected universities.
The major part of the winter semester is focused on learning Czech. Students will gain elememtary communication skills in Czech, and they will learn Czech grammar to an extent that will help them deal with day-to-day situations. Strong emphasis is placed on written productions and the ability to express ideas in Czech.
In the fourth month of the course, students begin to learn terminology, for example, by close reading of technical texts, which is crucial for studying university/college programmes in the field of economics. The summer semester includes entrance exam preparatory seminar. As part of the seminar, students attend university/college lectures related to the programmes they apply to. Apart from mastering Czech, students will also take English lessons.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The winter semester concludes with an end-of-semester exam, the summer semester concludes with the final exam. At the end of the course, students have the option of sitting a certified examination in Czech that complies to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- In the winter semester, the students take classes together with Bachelors. The semester is predominantly dedicated to teaching Czech and specialist terminology. During the course students gain basic communicative proficiency and acquire a knowledge of the Czech grammar system to such a level that they can handle everyday situations.
- In the summer semester, students already have special Masters´ classes. The condition for inclusion in the course is English at B2 level, which students demonstrate by passing an English exam by the beginning of the summer semester. Students must also pass a Czech mid-term/semester exam.
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Language Studies View 32 other Masters in Economics in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The international student who wants to study at faculties in the Czech Republic must have his/her secondary education recognized by the Czech Education Office.
- a validated copy of the final examination certificate
- a full description of all subjects taught - number of hours (weekly) must be included
- notarized Czech or English translation of all above mentioned certificates (a translation from English to Czech, as required by the Czech Education Office, may be provided upon request)
International5740 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5740 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA5740 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5740 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 9 months.
- Prague-Hostivar Centre 5740 EUR
- Podebrady Centre 5340 EUR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.