Advanced materials with sizes ranging from nano to macro are in the core of many modern technologies. Therefore, it is important to understand and control the material properties from the atomic to the macroscopic scales.
The deepening in the specific domain, mentioned above, is particularly important given the need for knowledge of how to obtain monocrystalline or nano-microsystems with well defined properties and qualities and how to characterize their properties.
The mission of master studies in the Physics and Technology of Advanced Materials from West University of Timisoara is to prepare qualified staff for higher education and researchers in the field - closely related to the physics of condensed matter and the materials science and technology.
Because of the experimental and theoretical skills achieved during the study, the students will also have the ability to meet the needs of the industrial community in the fields like : material processing, automotive, chemical engineering, IT and others
- Complements of theoretical physics
- Complements of Molecular and atomic physics
- Complements of solid state physics and statistical physics
- Complements of the material physics
- Transport phenomena
- Crystal growth methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 9 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Romania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- The studies documents
- Birth certificate (legally certified copy and translation)
- Copy of the passport
- Medical certificate
- Marriage license
- Copy of the document attesting the residency abroad
- Copy of the language certificate
- Complete contact form
- Copy of receipt for 75 EURO
International270 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 270 EUR per module during 24 months.
The scholarships are offered to foreign citizens from countries that are not members of the European Union, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
Living costs for Timisoara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The scholarship consists of:
- Free-of-charge tuition,
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free of charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within
- the limits of the sums available for this purpose)
Financial support - a monthly amount representing:
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for undergraduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle,
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for postgraduate students (doctorate degree) 3rd cycle.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.