The main objective of this European Union Law from West University of Timisoara is that the students acquire the competences allowing them to understand European Union law and its relationship with the domestic legal systems of the Member States.
The objective and competences developped in accordance with the needs identified on the market are synthetically presented below and explained in detail in the description of each discipline mentioned in the curricula.
- To know and properly use the concepts of the European Union law;
- To know the mechanisms of the European judicial control, to know the conditions of admissibility and the proceedings in front of the ECJ. To know the types of action given ratione materiae in the competence of the ECJ;
- To understand the essential part played by competition and consumer law in configurating the public economic legal order of the European Union;
- To know the European principles, regulations and jurisprudence in the field of fiscal law;
- To know and properly use the private law concepts of the European Union;
- To know the main principles of the European Union company law. To understand the relvant the doctrine and jurisprudence, as well as the methodological constraints of the research in this field;
- To develop students’ sensitivity towards the values that undergo the fundamental rights in a democratic society;
- To develop students’ sensitivity towards the enforcement of foreign law, international instruments and European Union law regulations within a criminal or private law trial;
- To know and properly enforce the European regulations within the field of international private law;
- To know the basics of the internet law
- European Union Institutions and Procedures
- Human Rights in the European Union
- Conflicts of Laws and of Jurisdiction in the European Union
- European Union Internet Law
- European Union Social Law
- Ethics and Academic Integrity
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- The studies documents
- Birth certificate (legally certified copy and translation)
- Copy of the passport
- Medical certificate
- Marriage license
- Copy of the document attesting the residency abroad
- Copy of the language certificate
- Complete contact form
- Copy of receipt for 75 EURO
International270 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 270 EUR per module during 12 months.
The scholarships are offered to foreign citizens from countries that are not members of the European Union, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
Living costs for Timisoara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The scholarship consists of:
- Free-of-charge tuition,
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free of charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within
- the limits of the sums available for this purpose)
Financial support - a monthly amount representing:
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for undergraduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle,
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for postgraduate students (doctorate degree) 3rd cycle.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.