Philosophy by Research from University of Buckingham will not only introduce the students to key topics of philosophy, but which will also allow them to take part in real philosophical discussions. The guest lectures will be provided by internationally renowned philosophers. The students will thus have the chance to exchange ideas, and enter into dialogue, with leading figures in the field. During the course of the year these seminars are supplemented by additional online lectures by the course organisers.
Students at Philosophy by Research from University of Buckingham will:
- analyse the cognitive conditions for human behaviour (philosophy of mind; political psychology; evolutionary theory).
- understand the ethical basis of legal and political institutions (political theory; jurisprudence).
- apply theoretical and normative concepts to the institutions of particular countries
- grasp the nature of the international political system and international relations
- God and Nature
- On Love
- The Madness of Crowds
- Freedom and Responsibility
- Citizenship, Nationhood and Belonging
- An overview of the course and encouragement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics Educational Research View 243 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Buckingham and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- a first or upper second-class honours degree from a recognised university or,
- a recognised professional qualification with relevant work experience.
- Your most recent academic transcripts or results, and one reference from your current or last school/college (two if you are applying for postgraduate study).
International15497 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15497 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA8855 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8855 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.