Students are able to tailor their own experience with courses from several tracks offered, including Public International and Human Rights Law, European Union Law and Policy, Transborder Commercial Law, and Law and Finance.
The one year masters programme consists of 60 ECTS of theoretical study with an interaction between law and other disciplines emphasised within each course track, including 30 ECTS devoted to a thesis. Following successful completion, students are awarded a Masters degree (LL.M) in International and European Law.
Executive-style schedules allow ambitious students and professionals to combine work and studies.
The International and European Law programme of the Riga Graduate School of Law is also offered on a part-time basis with the duration dependent on a schedule tailored to the student. Normally, the duration of study is doubled. For example, the one year programme takes two years to complete if followed on a part time basis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Research
- International Law
- International Humanitarian Law and Responsibility
- International Human Rights Law
- International Adjudication
- Litigation at the European Court of Human Rights
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 3 other Masters in European Law in Latvia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All masters programmes are available to students who have completed a bachelor, masters or equivalent degree in law or a related field (on the condition that basic knowledge of law and corresponding work experience can be demonstrated). For those with a three-year bachelor degree, options are limited to the two-year masters programme.
- One year academic programme is available to individuals with bachelor or masters degree in law or related fields, if basic knowledge in law or corresponding work experience is acquired, obtained in at least four years long studies; second level professional higher education, professional bachelor or masters degree in law or other related fields, if basic knowledge in law or corresponding work experience is acquired.
- English language proficiency: IELTS 6+, TOEFL IBT 80+ or TOEFL paper based test 550+.
International5500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA5500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Riga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.