The master of International Cooperation in Urban Planning (ICUP) at Université Grenoble Alpes offers a solid culture about cities and a deep knowledge of technical tools needed to manage complex urban projects. It prepares students to become urban planners capable to adapt to different context of the global urbanization and issues like the accessibility, urban poverty, marginality, post-crisis situations.
The programme in International Cooperation in Urban Planning (ICUP) is actively involved in an European Union Erasmus Mundus Master's: the Master of Sciences in International Cooperation in Urban Development the so-called Mundus Urbano. Four universities award jointly this master: the Technische Universität Darmstadt (Germany), the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (Barcelona), the Università "Tor Vergata" in Rome (Italy) and the Université Grenoble-Alpes.
On completion of the training offered in the International Cooperation in Urban Planning (ICUP) programme, students develop several fields of skills specific to the activities of the urban planner in an international context. These fall under:
- knowledge of territories through interdisciplinary skills of observation and analysis (statistics, sociology, engineering, etc.)
- planning and policy orientations: territorial foresight and diagnostics, spatialization of territorial projects and planning policies, aid and preparation of urban and territorial public policies,
- urban programming and composition, urban project implementation and territorial management: territorial legislations, city and regional policies
The master of International cooperation in urban planning (ICUP) is jointly accredited with the National School of Architecture of Grenoble and officially accredited by Québec urban Planners Association.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Urban Planning Technics
- Regional and International Studies
- Urban Planning and Design Workshop
- Professional Management and Skills
- Research Seminar
- Master Thesis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students who have completed the first year of the IUG's master's in Urban planning and development (UCI program - Urban planning and international cooperation)
- Students from other French or foreign master's programs in the field of urban planning
- Holders of a degree equivalent to five years' university obtained in France or abroad in a discipline related to territorial development (geography, architecture, urban sociology, landscape, engineering sciences, economic science, history, law, political science etc)
- Holders of a degree equivalent to three or four years' university obtained in France or abroad in a discipline related to territorial development (Cf above) with at least 2 years' professional experience
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Grenoble
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.