The Master of Education program is designed to provide experienced educators in any field with the knowledge and skills required to become effective educational leaders. The overall aim of the program is to promote and support educational scholarship, research, and practice. Through studying relevant curriculum with researchers and expert practitioners, our students gain the capacity to make valuable contributions to the field of education—and to the lives of others.
Continue your learning journey with us today by exploring our course-based or thesis-based MEd program built for flexibility with in-person, blended, and online courses that will provide meaningful educational experiences. You can continue working while you pursue your MEd degree!
It is also important to note that the Master of Education in Leadership in Learning at the University of Prince Edward Island is unique in that this one degree is structured to permit for a variety of study foci. You can choose a focus in either Global Perspectives, 21st Century Teaching and Learning, College Education, or Additional Designation in Inclusive Education.
Graduates from our program are teachers; educators in the corporate, government, arts, health, and not-for-profit sectors; PhD students; professors and instructors in colleges and universities; and, administrators and policy-makers.
- Research Methods in Education
- Quantitative Research Design
- Qualitative Research Design
- Action Research in Education
- Learning, Leadership, and Reflective Practice
- Program Evaluation
- Theories of Research and Learning
- Educational Leadership
- Issues in Educational Leadership
- Critical Pedagogy
- Curriculum: Leadership in Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 135 other Masters in Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Prince Edward Island and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree from an approved university with an average of 70% or higher in the last 20 courses (60 credit hours).
- An applicant lacking a degree, or an applicant possessing a degree with an academic average under 70%, may be considered for admission under exceptional circumstances. In such cases the Graduate Studies Committee must be satisfied that the student has the capacity to complete graduate work. This capacity could be demonstrated through extensive and relevant professional experiences, leadership, research and publications.
International4920 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9840 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
National4920 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9840 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
- Thesis-based: $984 per course for 6 courses & $1312 per course for 3 thesis courses
- International: $754 per course in addition to full-time course tuition
Living costs for Charlottetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.