Students in this Mathematics - General program at Central Connecticut State University will be expected to:
- Deeply understand analytic arguments, using such common notions as epsilon/delta, infinite sums, and limits, as well as considerations for more general spaces than the real numbers, such as spaces of functions;
- Develop a basic understanding of measure theory and use it to study the Lebesgue integral;
- Deeply understand basic algebraic and discrete notions, such as facts about vector spaces and counting arguments, and expand this to include ideas about rings and fields;
- Develop a basic understanding of Galois theory;
- Follow and create analytic proofs involving abstract metric spaces;
- Follow and create algebraic proofs, with an understanding of groups, rings, and fields; and
- Independently investigate advanced topics in mathematics and present results to others in a clear way.
- Abstract Algebra
- General Topology
- Complex Variables
- Principles of Real Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics View 839 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- Students must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education to apply for a Master's Program, post baccalaureate teacher certification, and most other programs.
- The undergraduate record must demonstrate clear evidence of ability to undertake and pursue studies in a graduate field successfully.
- To apply for the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership, 6th year certificate degrees, and Advanced Official Certificate Programs in Professional Counseling, Superintendent of Schools and Reading, a master's degree is required.
International26072 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13036 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26072 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13036 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12848 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6424 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Britain
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.