While all graduate Criminology & Criminal Justice students at Central Connecticut State University are required to complete core courses, students are allowed to select elective courses that match their individual academic and career interests.Core courses are designed to help students understand the purpose and function of criminal justice agencies organized under the rubrics of police, courts, and corrections.
Students will be able to critically analyze the organizational effectiveness of criminal justice agencies and understand how society comes to define certain behaviors as criminal and how these definitions can be effected by the race, gender, and socio-economic status of the lawmaker, as well as the lawbreaker. Students will have to assess the effectiveness of criminal justice policies and programs through the application of research methods, statistics, and criminological theory and understand the root causes of crime and the effects of social, economic, political, psychological, and biological factors on crime.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice
- Offender Profiles
- Delinquency and Control
- Sexual Offending
- Managing Criminal Justice Employees
- Advanced Independent Reading and Research in Criminal Justice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Forensic Science View 113 other Masters in Forensic Science in United States
- Students must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education to apply for a Master's Program, post baccalaureate teacher certification, and most other programs.
- The undergraduate record must demonstrate clear evidence of ability to undertake and pursue studies in a graduate field successfully.
- To apply for the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership, 6th year certificate degrees, and Advanced Official Certificate Programs in Professional Counseling, Superintendent of Schools and Reading, a master's degree is required.
International26072 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13036 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26072 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13036 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12848 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6424 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Britain
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.