Our Counseling in Educational Settings program at Rowan University fosters reflection and ambition in our graduates as they participate in a curriculum designed to translate theory into realistic action.
This program applies and is influenced by the latest research findings in counselor education.
- Through our program, you will be prepared for careers as School Counselors in K-12 educational settings or for careers in Student Affairs in higher education settings.
- If you are interested in moving ahead in counseling in education, now is the time to pursue your degree - employment of school and career counselors is projected to grow eight percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Design And Coordination Of Developmental Counseling Programs
- Individual Counseling Procedures
- Group Counseling In Educational Settings
- Career Counseling In Educational Settings
- Special Topics in Counseling in Educational Settings
- Assessment and Appraisal Techniques in Counseling in Educational Setting±
- Lifespan Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation School Counselling Educational Psychology View 3077 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completed Application Form
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives
- Two letters of recommendation from professional sources that speak to the applicant's academic aptitude
- Recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 (On a 4.0 scale)
- Interview (The Faculty Admissions Committee will contact applicants directly to schedule an interview. The interview may be in person or via phone for distance applicants).
- On-site writing sample (conducted during interview)
International17160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Glassboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.