Through our course you’ll gain a detailed insight into innovative solutions to address modern global health challenges. Through studying with our expert staff, you can benefit from their real world knowledge and experience, positioning you to join the global community of professionals working to improve the provision of healthcare around the world.
- Analyse issues in health policy and health services using epidemiological and statistical tools to critically review evidence.
- Develop the essential skills to improve existing (and build new) health services programmes and management systems.
- Evaluate different strategies for disease control in order to select the most effective and feasible programmes.
- Discuss ethical issues, and adopt and justify an appropriate ethical stance.
Graduates of this Public Health (International) course from University of Leeds have gone on to work in:
- ministries of health
- international organisations
- civil society organisations
- consulting firms
- private health providers
The Nuffield Centre for International Health and Development has taught international health and development programmes at Leeds for over 30 years and so has a large alumni network of:
- public health specialists
- health systems experts
- health managers
- planners holding senior positions around the world
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Master of Public Health International: Dissertation
- Global and Public Health
- Health Systems Research Methods
- EITHER: Principles of Public Health
- Principles of Health Management, Planning and Policy
- Non-Communicable Diseases
- Human Resources Planning and Management for Health
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Health Health Sciences View 516 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- A medical degree or bachelor degree with a 2:2 (hons) or equivalent qualification in a related discipline (eg medicine, health, science, social sciences, management or administration).
- All applicants must have a minimum of two years’ full-time professional work experience in a health service or developing health system in a low-middle income country (please note that we cannot count internships, lab-based positions or work-based training towards the entry requirement).
- In exceptional cases, we may accept extensive work experience in health services or health systems for applicants who do not fully meet the stated academic requirements.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.