The program consists of five options, with specialization in Adult-Gerontological Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Anesthesia, School Nursing, Nurse Education, and Family Nurse Practitioner. The core curriculum centers on professional nursing issues, nursing science, and research methods for building nursing knowledge.
The advanced practice Adult-Gerontological option focuses on the delivery of comprehensive nursing care to the entire adult-older adult age group from wellness to acute care. The Family Nurse Practitioner option focuses on the delivery of primary care to families and persons of all ages within the health care delivery system.
The Nurse Education option focuses on delivery of nursing and patient education to individuals in academic, health-care delivery and community settings. The School Nurse option focuses on delivery of comprehensive care to individuals in the school environment. The Nurse Anesthetist option focuses on the administration of anesthesia to individuals requiring surgical and non-surgical diagnostic procedures.
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Professional Issues in Nursing
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Statistics
- Nursing Science and Research
- Research Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesNursing View 789 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a college or university certified by a regional accrediting agency (e.g., North Central Association of Colleges and Schools) approved by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Cumulative grade-point average in undergraduate work of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (some programs require higher GPAs).
- Satisfactory preparation for the graduate program in which the student wishes to enroll as specified by the department of the major.
- A test of written/spoken English, which the University reserves the right to request, of any entering graduate student whose primary language is not English.
International5790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2895 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National5790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2895 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.