At Teaching English as a Second Language from The College of New Jersey, graduate study is done concomitantly with study toward the New Jersey certificates in ESL and or Bilingual Education.
Candidates completing all program requirements and State of New Jersey requirements will receive the M.Ed. degree and will be eligible for either ESL or bilingual certification issued by State of New Jersey. (In addition, a certification of completion will be issued by the College of New Jersey to all candidates.)
- Second Language Acquisition
- Structure of Language and Proficiency Assessment
- Sociolinguistics & Cultural Foundations of L2 Education
- Teaching a Second Language
- Language and Literacy for Second Language Learners
- Curriculum, Methods, and Assessment for L2 Education
- Student Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Teaching English View 184 other Masters in Teaching English in United States
- Completed online application
- $75 application fee (non-refundable) – waived for TCNJ alumni
- Essay (personal statement)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE). For the current Graduate Admissions Testing and Waiver policy, please see Graduate Admission Testing Waivers
International14554 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7277 USD per semester during 12 months.
National14554 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7277 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Ewing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.