Teaching in Special Education and Elementary Education from The College of New Jersey is a 39-credit program at The College of New Jersey that culminates in a Master’s degree and certification in both Special Education and Elementary Education.
The program provides students with a comprehensive repertoire of teaching strategies designed to prepare them to teach diverse learners. Emphasis is placed on developing students’ skills in the areas of differentiated instruction, curriculum modifications, positive behavior supports, collaboration, assistive technology, and literacy instruction.
- Students with Disabilities in Our Schools
- Advanced Child Growth and Adolescent Development
- Content Area Literacy
- Curriculum and Methods for Students w/Mild Disabilities
- Methods for Teaching Science and Math in the Inclusive Classroom
- Language and Reading Strategies for Students with Disabilities
- Teaching Students with Severe Disabilities
- Collaboration, Consultation, and Partnerships
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 2029 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Completed online application
- $75 application fee (non-refundable) – waived for TCNJ alumni
- Essay (personal statement)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE). For the current Graduate Admissions Testing and Waiver policy, please see Graduate Admission Testing Waivers
International14954 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7477 USD per semester during 12 months.
National14954 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7477 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Ewing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.