Tourism is an ever-growing and global phenomenon. As one of the world’s largest economic sectors, its societal and environmental challenges cannot be ignored.
As such you will be able to identify the problems behind tourism, but also to contribute to effective and sustainable solutions in tourism.
What makes the master's Tourism, Society and Environment unique?
- A study programme with a long tradition of highly rated education and research in tourism studies.
- The only MSc tourism programme with an environmental focus.
- Offers practical experience through internships and consultancy assignments.
Future career - Tourism, Society and Environment
The Leisure, Tourism and Environment programme from Wageningen University and Research is intended for students who seek a career as an academic professional or as a scientist. Among the professional job possibilities are experts in sustainable tourism or visitor management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Students can choose between four thematic trajectories that each focus on a specific research domain and that is connected to specific societal questions.
- Tourism & Development
- Tourism & Natural Resources
- Tourism & Global Change
- Tourism & Experiences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Sept: Application via Studielink will open in October
DisciplinesHospitality Management Environmental Sciences Tourism & Leisure View 43 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Enrolment in an MSc Programme at Wageningen University & Research requires:
- A BSc degree (or equivalent) in a field of science relevant to your selected programme
- Sufficient quality of the BSc degree as shown by an average mark of at least 7 (Dutch system), a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least B/B+ (US system) or a classification as 2nd upper (UK system).
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17616 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.