Landscapes form our living environment. Natural landscapes are often beautiful in themselves. However, most of those we now live in are the result of our complex interaction with the natural world. The new generation of landscape architects and spatial planners understands the challenges we face when shaping and creating the landscapes that form a key component of our living environment. Your goal is to study and design sustainable solutions for important landscape challenges such as climate change, energy needs, health, food security and urbanisation.
Future career - Landscape Architecture and Planning
Once you have graduated with Landscape Architecture and Planning degree from Wageningen University and Research , the labour market offers many fields and positions related to landscape, land use and the environment. Most graduates are employed by consultancy and engineering companies, planning and design agencies, district water boards, government agencies or universities. A number of graduates work for large, multinational firms such as Royal Haskoning DHV, Arcadis or Sweco, while others are employed by small and medium sized companies or continue their career in research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Landscape Architecture
- Spatial Planning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Sept: Application via Studielink will open in October
DisciplinesArchitecture Sustainable Development Landscape Architecture View 6 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A BSc degree (or equivalent) in a field of science, relevant to your selected programme. For the specialisation Landscape Architecture, you can only be considered for admission with a BSc in landscape architecture, architecture, garden architecture, or horticultural design
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) for this BSc of at least 70% of the maximum grade
- For the specialisation Landscape Architecture, you can only be considered for admission with a BSc in landscape architecture, architecture, garden architecture, or horticultural design. If you are applying for the specialisation Landscape Architecture, you must submit your design portfolio, including at least four spatial designs at different scale levels.
- Please show in your portfolio: where you worked on the design and why (for example in a course, internship or job), the design itself, and the explanation/reasoning for the design.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17616 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.