In addition to covering trade policies within the European Union, the Transborder Commercial Law programme of the Riga Graduate School of Law also provides a detailed examination of the international conditions framing European Union trade and policy and company structures operating within.
The one year programme consists of 60 ECTS of theoretical study including 30 ECTS devoted to a thesis. Following successful completion, students are awarded a Masters degree (LL.M) in Transborder Commercial Law.
Executive-style schedules allow ambitious students and professionals to combine work and studies.The programme is also offered on a part-time basis with the duration of the part time programme dependent on a schedule tailored to the student. Normally, the duration of study is doubled. For example, the one year programme takes two years to complete if followed on a part time basis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Sales Law
- European Private International Law
- Comparative Contract & Commercial Law
- The Foundations of Intellectual Property Law
- International Arbitration
- Company Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Law Master of Laws (LLM)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All masters programmes are available to students who have completed a bachelor, masters or equivalent degree in law or a related field (on the condition that basic knowledge of law and corresponding work experience can be demonstrated). For those with a three-year bachelor degree, options are limited to the two-year masters programmes.
- English language proficiency: IELTS 6+, TOEFL IBT 80+ or TOEFL paper based test 550+.
- A copy of your diploma and diploma supplement (grade transcript). A certified English translation must be provided if the diploma was obtained outside Latvia.
- A motivation letter in English describing your educational, professional and social achievements (max 2 000 characters).
- A copy of your passport and a passport size photo (the photo will be used for your student card in case of admission).
International5500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA5500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Riga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.