Leveraging the extensive human rights law expertise of RGSL faculty, the master’s programme prepares students to work with international law and human rights spheres both at national and international levels.
The Public International Law and Human Rights programme of the Riga Graduate School of Law explores legal issues surrounding sovereignty, fundamental rights, state responsibility, criminality. In addition the programme focuses on international institutions, courts and arbitral bodies involved in the creation of global rules in the area of human rights.
The one year masters programme consists of 60 ECTS of theoretical study within each course track of which 30 ECTS are devoted to a thesis. Following successful completion, students are awarded a Masters degree (LL.M) in Public International Law and Human Rights.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Research
- International Law
- International Humanitarian Law and Responsibility
- International Human Rights Law
- International Adjudication
- Litigation at the European Court of Human Rights
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 5 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in Latvia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All masters programmes are available to students who have completed a bachelor, masters or equivalent degree in law or a related field (on the condition that basic knowledge of law and corresponding work experience can be demonstrated). For those with a three-year bachelor degree, options are limited to the two-year masters programmes.
- English language proficiency: IELTS 6+, TOEFL IBT 80+ or TOEFL paper based test 550+.
- A copy of your diploma and diploma supplement (grade transcript). A certified English translation must be provided if the diploma was obtained outside Latvia.
- A motivation letter in English describing your educational, professional and social achievements (max 2 000 characters).
- A copy of your passport and a passport size photo (the photo will be used for your student card in case of admission).
International5500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA5500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Riga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.