The increasing complexity of our society demands for specialists who can collect, manage, analyse and present spatial data using state-of-the-art methods and tools. At Wageningen University & Research we offer a unique, top-quality programme that blends geo-information science methods, technologies and applications within environmental and life sciences for a changing world. Our Geo-Information Science graduates usually have a job waiting for them on graduation.
What makes the Geo-Information Science programme from Wageningen University and Research unique?
- A top-quality Geo-information science programme with integration of environmental and life science themes
- The close and personal contacts with staff and fellow students create an informal and enjoyable study atmosphere where you will feel at home quickly.
- A practical study with a focus on skill-building and the work field requirements.
- A close international student group, where you meet students from all over the world
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Remote sensing and Land Monitoring
- Geo-information Systems Engineering
- Human – Space Interactions
- Geo-Data Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Application via Studielink will open in October
DisciplinesGeography Informatics & Information Technology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 12 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Students who wish to enrol in a MSc programme at Wageningen University must:
- have a BSc degree (or equivalent) in a field of science relevant to the programme selected;
- have a Grade Point Average for their BSc of at least 7 (or 70% of the maximum of the scale);
- be fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- The master's Geo-Information Science brings together knowledge from a wide range of disciplines, for example Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences and Geo-Information Sciences. You have a bachelor's degree in the field of Environmental Sciences (planning, soil and water, hydrology, forest and nature, ecology, biology) or Information Technology. Some basic knowledge of GIS (geo-information systems) and remote sensing is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17616 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.