With this degree, you will be able to make decisions and to appraise the consequences of choices about financing, spending, and managing financial processes in government and public sector organisations.
- By studying this degree, you will:
- you will gain the skills and knowledge necessary for careers in the field of public finance consultancy or in international financial institutions
- study modules that cover budgeting, revenue policy, financial reporting and audit, as well as compliance
- learn where financial matters take a central position in policy, such as in public-private partnerships or fiscal decentralisation.
The Public Financial Management programme at the University of London is suitable for people working in central Financial Ministries, or in financial management roles in line Ministries, sub-national governments or financial scrutiny functions in Parliaments or Supreme Audit Institutions.
It will also be valuable for people working in consultancy and advisory functions, and in international financial institutions.
What do employers think of our graduates?
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
- Macroeconomic policy and financial markets
- Public financial management: planning and performance
- Public financial management: revenue
- Financial reporting
- Decentralization and local governance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Application deadlines September | November | February | May
DisciplinesFinance Management Studies View 349 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You will need either a bachelor degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. finance, economics) from an institution acceptable to the University or relevant education and work experience that comprises suitable training for the programme
- If you have a qualification in an unrelated subject or an international qualification considered equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, we will consider these on their own merits
International5460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10920 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National5460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10920 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- MSc: £10,920
- Single module: £1,820
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.