Renewable energy production is increasing rapidly and there is a global shortage of trained engineers. With this master’s course you’ll have a highly relevant qualification that’s accredited by the Engineering Council via the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
The University has a well-established reputation for renewable and sustainable energy technologies.
You’ll benefit from excellent technical facilities including specialist workshops. We also have a laboratory that’s dedicated to power networks, wind energy, photovoltaics and battery testing for electric vehicles.
Accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council as the course meets the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Candidates must hold a CEng accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
- The Renewable and Sustainable Energy Technologies course from Northumbria University has been accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Chartered status is associated with improved employability and higher salaries.
- The course will equip you with the expertise to design, optimise, apply and evaluate renewable and sustainable energy technologies. Your master’s project will extend your practical experience of industry-standard hardware and software tools. At the same time you’ll develop transferable key skills and personal attributes that promote employability and lifelong learning.
- When it comes to applying for jobs our Careers and Employment Service offers resources and support that will help you find roles matching your interests and skills. You will be able to access a range of workshops, one-to-one advice, and networking opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Building Energy and Environmental Modelling
- Research Methods
- Sustainable Development for Engineering Practitioners
- Thermo-Mechanical Energy Conversion Systems
- Multidisciplinary Design & Engineering Optimisation
- Wind, Photovoltaic and Hybrid Renewable Energy Systems
- Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy Environmental Sciences View 778 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in an engineering or science discipline. Other subject qualifications, equivalent professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- International applicants are required to have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with 5.5 in each component (or approved equivalent*).
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7350 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Full UK Fee: £7,350
- Full EU Fee: £16,000
- Full International Fee: £16,000
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.