The Interior Design M.S. degree will be a full-time degree program. The program’s curriculum is organized into four sections: Interior Design MS Core, Specialization Electives, Cognate Area, and Thesis/Thesis Project. The core will require students to obtain knowledge in Research & Programming, Theory & Practice, Research Methods, and Statistics, in addition to requiring students to complete a 3 credit hour field practicum. Students will select 12 hours of departmental electives based on their chosen area of specialization. They will also select a cognate area outside the Interior Design department for a minimum of 3 credit hours. Finally, students will choose to complete a traditional thesis or thesis design project.
- Research and Programming
- Theory and Practice
- Research Methods
- Field Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInterior Design View 46 other Masters in Interior Design in United States
- A draft drawn on a U.S. bank or money order for the $40.00 U.S. nonrefundable application fee.
- Clear copy of current passport showing photo and expiration date.
- Official copies of all US college/university transcripts.
- An official TOEFL score of 550 or above is required. (A score of 213 or above on the computer-based test, or a score of 79 or above on the Internet-based test, is considered equivalent to a score of 550 or above on the paper-based test.) IELTS scores must be 6.0 or higher.
- Evidence of financial resources.
- International students are required to have health insurance.
- Program requirements.
International9042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9042 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5010 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Interior Design Department is CIDA (Council for Interior Design Accreditation) and NASAD (National Association of Schools of Art and Design) accredited.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.