The Master of Music Education program leads to an MM Ed degree with a concentration in Vocal or Instrumental Music Education, or in Kodaly Studies. The music education concentration prepares graduates for further studies in music education, leading to the doctorate. In addition, the improved skills and competencies provided by the degree qualify graduates for increased compensation as professional music specialists in public education.
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Research Methods in Music Ed
- Studies in Music Curricula
- Psychology of Music
- Seminar in Music Education
- History and Philosophy of Music Education
- Applied Music
- Graduate Ensemble
- Music History and Literature
- Music Before 1600
- Music from 1600 to 1750
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 1111 other Masters in Music in United States
- An application for admission on the form provided by the University.
- A draft drawn on a U.S. bank or money order for the $40.00 U.S. nonrefundable application fee.
- Clear copy of current passport showing photo and expiration date.
- Official copies of all US college/university transcripts.
- An official TOEFL score of 550 or above is required. (A score of 213 or above on the computer-based test, or a score of 79 or above on the Internet-based test, is considered equivalent to a score of 550 or above on the paper-based test.) IELTS scores must be 6.0 or higher.
- Evidence of financial resources.
- International students are required to have health insurance.
- Program requirements.
International9042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9042 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5010 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.