It is recommended that educators begin the program after clearing their CA credential and have 1-3 years of teaching experience.
Program requires a minimum of 30 graduate level units. Twenty–one (21) units must be taken in residence at CSUSM.
Courses are 3 units each and are provided as hybrid classes with face-to-face and online sessions. Typically graduate students take 2 classes a semester so they can balance the coursework with their teaching.
- Schooling in a Multicultural Society
- Research Methods in Education
- Master’s Thesis / Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation View 3666 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completion of a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association or equivalent.
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended.
- A grade point average of at least 2.5 on the last degree completed by the candidate or have attained a grade point average of at least 2.5 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted.
- Satisfactorily meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study, including qualifying examinations, i.e. GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
International16264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16264 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National16264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16264 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.