The unparalleled prevalence of computing-enabled devices in our everyday lives, and the widespread access to information over the Web, suggests a more apt metaphor for a modern computer, that of an assistant. Humans no longer use, but rather collaborate with their devices to solve a cognitive task, with each party learning and adapting to the capabilities of the other.
- Communication and decision-making happens at a level that is transparent to, and cognitively-compatible with, human abilities and limitations. One no longer speaks of human-computer interaction, but of human-computer symbiosis.
- To teach the new paradigm of cognitive computing, the M.Sc. Program in Cognitive Systems (Human-Computer Symbiosis) at the Open University of Cyprus brings together two main scientific areas: Cognitive Psychology, and Artificial Intelligence in Computer Science.
- Cognitive Psychology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computational Intelligent Systems
- Cognitive Knowledge Acquisition
- Learning and Memory in Humans
- Experimental Psychology
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Human Computer Interaction Artificial Intelligence View 13 other Masters in Psychology in Cyprus
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The program is geared towards students with a first degree in the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), or a first degree in Cognitive Science or Psychology. The program assumes basic knowledge in the field of mathematics.
- Highly-motivated candidates from other disciplines are also encouraged to apply, but should expect to put extra effort to complement their prior studies by following additional induction elements linked to individual courses so that they can acquire the required background for these courses. Subject to sufficient demand, and approval by the University, a general induction course may also be offered.
International2700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5400 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA2700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5400 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.