The Master of Arts (MA) in Theatre, Theatre Studies concentration is designed for students who want to reinvigorate their previous theatre experience, pursue their disciplinary passion for the first time, or prepare for subsequent doctoral studies. The concentration surveys both the history of theatre and dramatic literature while providing opportunities for hands-on training. The program is based in the Department of Theatre & Dance.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Theatre (3 hours lecture)
- Graduate Theatre Readings (3 hours lecture)
- Dramaturgy (3 hours lecture)
- Modern and Contemporary Theatre History (3 hours lecture)
- Theatre Criticism (3 hours lecture)
- Tragic Elements in Drama (3 hours lecture)
- Comic Elements in Drama (3 hours lecture)
- Advanced Acting Workshop (3 hours lecture)
- Advanced Directing Workshop (3 hours lecture)
- Capstone Project (3 credits independent study)
- Contemporary Theatre (3 hours lecture)
- Theatrical Production (3 hours lecture)
- Internship: Theatrical Practice
- Special Topics in Theatre and Drama (3 hours lecture)
- Non-Western Drama and Theatre (3 hours lecture)
- The Collaborative Process (3 hours lecture).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 281 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.