- Students who apply to this program must hold a bachelor's degree in a liberal arts field (minimum 60 liberal arts credits). In addition, applicants must provide evidence of substantial and meaningful experience with groups of children, including children with special needs. Applicants must also achieve a passing score on the PRAXIS 1 exam.
- Montclair State University’s Teacher Education Program is one of the most highly-regarded teacher preparation programs in the country. It has been consistently recognized both nationally and regionally for its unique features, including its structure, partnerships, and curricular emphases. The program is considered a model for other colleges and universities and has continuously been accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 1954.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Speech: Communication Requirement (3 hours lecture)
- Child Development I: Theories of Child Development (3 hours lecture)
- Perspectives on Early Childhood and Elementary Education in a Diverse Society (3 hours lecture)
- Sociocultural Context of Disability and Inclusive Education (3 hours lecture)
- Learning and Development in Children With and Without Disabilities (3 hours lecture)
- Strengthening Partnerships with Families of Children with Disabilities (3 hours lecture)
- Observation and Assessment of Elementary Age Children with Disabilities (3 hours lecture)
- Pedagogy in Inclusive Elementary Education (3 hours lecture)
- Methods of Research (3 hours lecture)
- Literacy Foundations (3 hours lecture)
- Literacy Strategies for the Inclusive Elementary Classroom (3 hours lecture)
- Social Studies and the Arts: Understanding Democracy in Elementary Classrooms (3 hours lecture).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesTeaching Early Childhood Education View 363 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.