The content area program is open to students who wish to teach one of the following content areas in K-12 schools:
- Earth Science
- Health Education
- Health & Physical Education
- Physical Education
- Physical Science
- Social Studies
- Teacher of English as a Second Language.
* Post BA Certification only
Montclair State University’s Teacher Education Program is one of the most highly-regarded teacher preparation programs in the country. It has been consistently recognized both nationally and regionally for its unique features, including its structure, partnerships, and curricular emphases. The program is considered a model for other colleges and universities and has continuously been accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 1954.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Speech: Communication Requirement (3 hours lecture)
- Learning Theories (3 hours lecture)
- Advanced Educational Psychology (3 hours lecture)
- Fundamentals of Spanish Grammar (3 hours lecture)
- Spanish Composition and Stylistics (3 hours lecture)
- Introduction to Spanish Phonetics (3 hours lecture)
- Introduction to Hispanic Linguistics (3 hours lecture)
- Introduction to Hispanic Literary Studies (3 hours lecture)
- Voices of the Past and Present: Spain (3 hours lecture)
- Voices of the Past and Present: Latin America (3 hours lecture)
- Advanced Spanish Grammar (3 hours lecture).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Teaching View 718 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.