Teaching with Certification in English as a Second Language at the Montclair State University is one of the most highly-regarded teacher preparation programs in the country. It has been consistently recognized both nationally and regionally for its unique features, including its structure, partnerships and curricular emphases. The program is considered a model for other colleges and universities and has continuously been accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 1954.
Students at Teaching with Certification in English as a Second Language at the Montclair State University will:
- become school teachers
- develop a strong set of commitments to equity and diversity, critical thinking and social responsibility.
- Speech: Communication Requirement
- Learning Theories
- Advanced Educational Psychology
- Language and Linguistics
- General Linguistics
- Advanced Structure of American English
- Structure of American English
- Language in Society
- Language and Culture in Minority Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Suggested deadlines for rolling admission programs for students outside the U.S.
DisciplinesTeaching Teaching English ESL View 1865 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Montclair State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Transcripts: The Graduate School does not evaluate international transcripts.
- English Proficiency: Applicants who have earned their undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution where English is not the official language of instruction will be required to submit proof of English proficiency
- Montclair State University English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Application Fee: International students have the option of paying the $60 application fee via wire transfer if they are unable to pay online or by check/money order.
International24930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 831 USD per credit during 12 months.
National22890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 763 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State22890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 763 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Montclair
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.