This one year, full-time Fashion Buying and Management programme from Technological University Dublin is designed for graduates seeking to break the exciting and fast-paced fashion buying industry.
What are my career opportunities?A career in fashion buying can offer a lifestyle that is fast-paced and exciting with opportunities to travel and see the world, a great way to combine creativity and commerce.
- The first semester speaks about the principles of Fashion Buying I. Materials and Fabrics, Sociology of Fashion, Finance for non-financial Managers, and Marketing Luxury Brands and Retail Merchandising Analytics.
- In the second semester students study a more specialist area with Fashion Buying II, complemented by modules such as Store Environment, Fashion Public Relations and Communications, Retail Operations Management and International Fashion Retailing.
- Throughout the year, a series of Fashion Seminars will be delivered. These seminars will allow for the students to interact with key industry figures and be kept informed of the latest industry developments. International travel will also be an important feature of the programme.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Management of Creative Industries
- The course is aimed at honours bachelor degree graduates (minimum 2.2 Honours) of universities or similar third level institutions who have a strong desire to succeed in the fashion industry. Holders of equivalent professional qualifications, by examination, will also be considered.
- If English is not your first language you will need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency as detailed on our website. Applicants for this course should have a minimum IELTS (Academic Version) English Proficiency of 6.5 overall (or equivalent) with nothing less than 6 in each component.
International14500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA11950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11950 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.