- Montclair State University’s Teacher Education Program is one of the most highly-regarded teacher preparation programs in the country. It has been consistently recognized both nationally and regionally for its unique features, including its structure, partnerships, and curricular emphases. The program is considered a model for other colleges and universities and has continuously been accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 1954.
- The Teacher Education Program’s professional course sequence and field experiences emphasize teaching for critical thinking and culturally responsive teaching. The professional component for both graduate students addresses four broad areas: 1) student development and learning, 2) the classroom and the school, 3) the curriculum, and 4) effective teaching skills.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Speech: Communication Requirement (3 hours lecture)
- Learning Theories (3 hours lecture)
- Child Development II: Adolescence (3 hours lecture)
- Advanced Educational Psychology (3 hours lecture)
- Foundations II: 2D Design (2 hours lecture, 4 hours studio)
- Foundations III: Visual Organization - 3D Design (2 hours lecture, 4 hours studio)
- Foundations V: Color, Light and Time (2 hours lecture, 4 hours studio)
- Art in Western Civilization: Ancient Through Medieval (3 hours lecture)
- Art in Western Civilization: Renaissance through Modern (3 hours lecture)
- Drawing, Beginning I (6 hours studio)
- Life Drawing, Beginning I (6 hours studio)
- Ceramics: Pottery and Sculpture, Beginning I (6 hours studio)
- Graphic Design, Beginning I (6 hours studio)
- Metalwork and Jewelry, Beginning I (6 hours studio)
- Painting, Beginning I (6 hours studio)
- Photography Beginning I: Contemporary Art Form (6 hours studio).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 1044 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.