- Graduates teach in content areas such as History, English, Science, Math, and foreign languages in secondary schools as well as specialty areas (Art, Music, Physical Education) in P-12 settings. In addition, we prepare special educators to teach across the lifespan, as well as prepare teachers to lead efforts to impact the quality of teaching and learning in schools.
- The department is home to faculty members who teach courses and conduct research in special education, teacher leadership, and curriculum development. Our teacher education students build their academic skills and knowledge base for the benefit of their future students as well as themselves.
- The department grants two Master of Arts in Teaching degrees and two Master of Education in Special Education degrees.
- In the NCATE-accredited MA in Teaching—Content Area (MAT – Content Area) and in the MA in Teaching—Dual Certification programs (MAT Content Area – TSD), students are prepared to teach with diverse populations in different content areas. In addition, the department offers a post-baccalaureate option for initial certification meeting the requirements of the New Jersey Department of Education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Inquiry into Knowledge, Learning and Education
- Inquiry into Knowledge, Learning, and Schooling
- Inquiry into Teaching and Schooling
- Reflections on Teaching and Learning.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 1042 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.