- The program emphasizes the foundations and concepts of statistics as well as the new and developing areas of statistics. Though the applications of statistical sciences are emphasized, the theoretical foundations are presented as well. Specifically, students are prepared for professional work in the design and analysis of statistical experiments, development and analysis of statistical models, data analytic techniques and the associated computational methods, and statistical computing. The curriculum is designed to allow students to develop the skills needed to achieve positions in the many pharmaceutical, chemical, health services, public service and consumer product corporations and other industries that require significant research and development efforts as well as data analysis. Through the accessibility of computers and the availability of powerful statistical software to analyze huge data sets, the use of statistical methods has now become quite widespread in many industries. Students and faculty in the Department have access to state-of-the-art interactive computing environments for data analysis and data graphics.
- The Statistical Consulting Program, housed in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, offers the campus community and off-campus clients statistical advice in the design of experiments and studies as well as the analysis and interpretation of the results. This program also offers MS students the opportunity to obtain applied experience by becoming involved in the data collection, analysis and interpretation of ongoing projects. In addition, our proximity to the pharmaceutical industry permits students the exciting option of an applied industrial experience, working under the supervision of a practicing statistician
Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Montclair State University is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 20,000-24,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Montclair State University offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Statistics 1
- Statistical Theory I
- Statistical Theory II
- Statistical Computing
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Applied Regression Analysis
- Biostatistics I
- Multivariate Analysis
- Advanced Statistical Methods
- Practicum in Statistics I
- Non-Parametric Statistics
- Sampling Techniques
- Biostatistics I
- Biostatistics II
- Introduction to Stochastic Processes
- Advanced Topics in Statistics
- Multivariate Analysis
- Practicum in Statistics II
- Advanced Statistical Methods.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics View 312 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.