- Please note that all Special Education teachers in NJ must have a dual certification in general education (P-3, K-6, or Content Area) and special education (Teacher of Students with Disabilities).
- Applicants who do not hold general education certification or who have a P-3 or K-6 certification can obtain special education certification through our other programs. Please refer to our teacher education and certification page for information on other options in teacher education as well as our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the Montclair State University.
- Art and Special Education
- Graduate Visual Arts Workshop
- Learning and Development in Children With and Without Disabilities
- Observation and Assessment of Young Children with Disabilities: Birth to Age
- Strengthening Partnerships with Families of Children with Disabilities
- Language and Early Literacy Development
- Critical Basics of Media and Technology Production
- Evaluation and Selection of Educational Media
- Literature for Adolescents
- Literacies, Digital Technology and Learning
- Evaluation and Planning for Students with Learning Problems I
- Educating Students with Moderate/Severe Disabilities
- Transition Services for Students with Disabilities
- Teaching Organization and Study Skills for the Inclusive Classroom
- Medical and Physical Bases of Disabilities
- Consultation Methods in Psychoeducational Settings
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 775 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Essay: In one integrated essay, of three to four pages (double-spaced)
- Letters of Recommendation: Two.
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL (Test of English as a foreign language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Duolingo English Test are required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy.
International12474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 756 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 756 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State11566 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 701 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Montclair
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.