The John J. Cali School of Music offers a curriculum blending a liberal arts education with the intense musical instruction of a conservatory. Students specialize in the areas of performance, jazz, music education, composition, and music therapy, and learn from world-class faculty, including the Shanghai Quartet. Students perform in the elegant Leshowitz Recital Hall, practice on Steinway pianos, and have access to the unique Harry Partch Instrumentarium for the study of microtonal music. The School presents over 200 performances and masterclasses each year by students, faculty, and guest artists. Students perform off-campus and on tour in the U.S. and abroad, and may study abroad through international exchange programs in several countries.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Music Therapy
- Therapy and Observation Skills for Music Therapy
- Music Therapy Practicum I
- Methods and Materials in Music Therapy
- Music Therapy Practicum II
- Music Therapy with Children
- Music Therapy Practicum III
- Music Therapy Practicum IV
- Music Therapy with Adults
- Music Therapy Practicum V
- Psychological Foundations of Music II
- Music Therapy Practicum VI
- Internship in Music Therapy
- Introduction to Psychology
- Musical Style and Analysis
- Piano Improvisation
- Psychology of Music
- Group Music Therapy Experience
- Music Therapy Assessment in Clinical Practice
- Clinical Improvisation
- Supervision and Teaching in Music Therapy
- Group Music Therapy
- Research Methods in Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 997 other Masters in Music in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.