Students specialize in the areas of performance, jazz, music education, composition, and music therapy, and learn from world-class faculty, including the Shanghai Quartet. Students perform in the elegant Leshowitz Recital Hall, practice on Steinway pianos, and have access to the unique Harry Partch Instrumentarium for the study of microtonal music. The School presents over 200 performances and masterclasses each year by students, faculty, and guest artists. Students perform off-campus and on tour in the U.S. and abroad, and may study abroad through international exchange programs in several countries.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Music I
- Applied Music II
- Applied Music III
- Applied Music IV
- Musical Style and Analysis
- Music Systems of Analysis and Composition
- Private Study in Composition I
- Private Study in Composition II
- Seminar in Historical Research
- Independent Study in Theory/Composition
- Selected Topic in Music I
- Selected Topics in Music II
- Selected Problems in Music History and Analysis
- Performance Practice in the Baroque Era
- Performance Practice in the Classical Era
- Music Since 1960
- Development of the Opera I
- Development of the Opera II.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 1002 other Masters in Music in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.