Participants will explore the personal and political dimensions of social justice concerns and develop their professional, practical and research skills in this area.
This programme provides students with the opportunity to address, in a unique way, the complex links between social justice and education, focusing on key current policy and political debates about the role of education.
They will also be able to develop, extend and reflect on their own professional interests, concerns and practice and how to address pressing issues of social justice in their everyday professional and personal lives.
Through their engagement with cutting-edge research in this area they will learn tools for fighting for social justice and transformation in the educational areas relevant for them.
Graduates of this Social Justice and Education MA programme offered at the University College London (UCL) are currently working across a broad range of areas. Some are leaders, managers, teachers and practitioners in the compulsory education sector across international contexts.
Many are working as professionals in NGO organisations specialising in social justice across many countries such as Chile, Japan, Canada and the UK. Graduates can also be found working as civil servants and government officials. In addition, many find places in the higher education sector including across a range of professional roles, as researchers, and as university lecturers worldwide.
- Sociology of Education
- Understanding Education Research
- Rights and Education
- Gender, Sexuality and Education
- Sociology of Race and Education
- Understanding Education Policy
- Theoretical Foundations of Educational Ideas
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEducation Social Work Educational Research View 800 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard in education or sociology or a cognate discipline is required. Some educational experience in either teaching or administration is considered an advantage.
International29000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,900
- International: £14,500
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.