For many centuries, the care for individuals and population health has been the domain of medical science. However, it is widely recognised that modern health problems are complex and cannot be solved only by hospitals and medical doctors. Many diseases are related to lifestyles, the social and physical environment, access to information and the opportunities for making healthy choices.
You become a Health and Society expert by:
- Being context-sensitive in the domains of science and health promotion.
- Taking into account the degree to which people have (financial) means for health protection and improvement. This is based on geographical orientation, social justice, and inequalities and inequities between regions.
- Embedding health and health promoting activities in social life.
The graduates of Health and Society programme from Wageningen University and Research work for governments, health care institutes or arbo services. Alumni work in national or international organisations, like the Red Cross, Oxfam Novib, or patient associations, research institutes, insurers or health-promoting institutes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Science Communication: Dialogue and Transdisciplinarity
- General Safety
- Research Methods and Data Analysis in Communication and Health
- Modular Skills Training
- Academic Consultancy Training
- Data Science for Health
- Data Science Ethics
- Research Master Cluster: Proposal Writing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Sept: Application via Studielink will open in October
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 59 other Masters in Public Health in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Enrolment in a MSc programme at Wageningen University & Research requires:
- A bachelor degree or equivalent in a field of science relevant to your selected programme.
- Sufficient academic performance throughout your BSc degree, as shown by an average unweighted mark that meets the required minimum, as determined in the International credentials evaluation guide.
- Meet our English language requirements (see below).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17616 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.