This Philosophy of Education programme at the University College London (UCL) enables students to explore further the relevance of ethics, political philosophy, philosophy of mind and epistemology to contemporary educational issues and to bring philosophical thinking to bear on their own educational concerns including professional practice.
Students will gain a grounding in philosophical approaches, becoming part of a lively community of Masters and doctoral students from a wide range of backgrounds.
Graduates of this programme are currently working across a broad range of areas. Some are working as teachers and senior school leaders, while others have jobs as university lecturers and researchers.
Graduates can also be found working as staff in policy think tanks and as youth workers or in adult and informal education.
- Philosophy of Education: Values, Aims and Society
- What is Education?
- Philosophy of Education: Knowledge, Mind and Understanding
- Further optional modules include:
- Theoretical Foundations of Educational Ideas
- Understanding Education Research
- Rights and Education
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEducation Philosophy & Ethics Educational Research View 758 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University College London (UCL) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum of a second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard from a recognised higher education institution.
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,400
- International: £12,000
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.