- Professional Science Master’s programs combine rigorous study in science or mathematics with coursework in management, policy, or law.
- All PSM programs emphasize writing and communication skills, and many include project management. Most PSM programs require a final project or team experience, as well as an internship in a business or public sector enterprise.
- Developed in concert with industry, PSM programs are designed to dovetail into present and future professional career opportunities. Graduates are equipped to manage the breakthroughs that are created by research teams. They can interact comfortably and intelligently with scientific researchers and business managers, especially in the marketing, finance, and legal departments. The PSM got its start in 1997 as a way to better and more rapidly equip students with much-needed skills in the STEM fields. Currently, there are over 300 PSM programs offered by 150 institutions.
- The PSM-MCM will enable the student to acquire advanced training in understanding, analyzing, and solving mathematical models. In addition to content courses on Scientific Computing, Data Analysis, Mathematical Models, and Optimization, the PSM student will be required to take courses on Project Management, Communication, Data Structures, and Marketing to help them transition into “extrovert math professionals” who will successfully interface between research teams and decision makers in technology based companies, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. Additionally, the PSM student will be required to learn how to successfully incorporate mathematical models in time bound interdisciplinary projects with specific objectives. To achieve this goal, the student will be exposed to a range of mini-projects dealing with applications of mathematical models to real-world problems.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Scientific Computing (3 hours lecture)
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Models (3 hours lecture)
- Fundamentals of Optimization (3 hours lecture)
- Professional Science Master Mini-Projects (6 hours lecture)
- Fundamentals of Data Analysis (3 hours lecture)
- Techniques of Communication (3 hours lecture)
- Project Management (1.5 hours lecture)
- Contemporary Marketing (1.5 hours lecture)
- Financial Accounting (3 hours lecture)
- Population Genetics (3 hours lecture)
- Topics in Microbiology (3 hours lecture)
- Wetland Ecology (2 hours lecture, 4 hours lab)
- Shoreline Ecology (2 hours lecture, 4 hours lab)
- Behavioral Ecology (3 hours lecture)
- Drug Design in Medicinal Chemistry (3 hours lecture)
- Environmental Geoscience (3 hours lecture)
- Current Issues in Sustainability Science (3 hours lecture)
- Geographic Information Systems (3 hours lecture)
- Fundamentals of Remote Sensing of the Environment
- Applied Groundwater Modeling.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMathematics View 549 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.